Tuesday, September 28, 2010

San Francisco - JavaOne



My employer sent me and four coworkers to the JavaOne developer conference in San Francisco last week. Heath took a week off work and joined me, which was great for both of us. He got to golf, walk around the city, watch football, and nap while I filled my head with geeky learning during the day, then we got to have fun at night!

The best part about this trip was that my swing friend, Jenna, was able to spend some time showing us her city. I miss her so much and it was really fun spending so much time with her!

Friday Heath and I were both off, so we got to go to Alcatraz and explore Pier 39 and the Fisherman's Wharf.

I'll do separate posts for Jenna and Friday to keep the picture stream to a minimum. :-)







We window shopped in Union Square (this picture was taken from an upstairs window in Tiffany's) ;-)













Grace Cathedral was just a few blocks from our hotel - so lovely at night!












Oracle's appreciation event included a huge concert, including the Black Eyed Peas. Woah!













Row of pinball machines outside a hotel exhibition hall. Nothing to do with Java, just good clean fun. ;-)












I <3 geeks. :-P This was a Lego pit in one of the event tents specifically for Java developers.

No comments:

Post a Comment