Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stockholm

I spent the weekend in Stockholm!

Here's my hotel - the Radisson Blu Strand. It's about a quarter mile from the nearest T-bahn (underground subway) station on an archipelago, right on the water.













I booked the least expensive room - the "Standard." But when I checked in, I found that I had been upgraded to a "Superior" room with a harbor view!












My view! This was taken a little after 9 pm, but it's still light outside. It would probably be more so if it weren't for all those clouds. Really weird!



















One of my Stockholm errands was to get my brother-in-law a guitar pin for his Hard Rock Cafe collection. I had dinner there Friday night. Errand 1, check!













Here's the T-bahn station that was nearest the hotel. I love public transit!












Huuuuuge escalator down to the tube. Reminded me of London's system!











Sculptures... IN the tube station. Wow!
















The forecast called for rain in the afternoon, so I decided to visit Skansen first (outside), then the Vasa Museum. I walked along the harbor and took a few pictures on my way!












Taken from the bridge linking downtown Stockholm to the next island.












Nordica Museet - I didn't go in but the building was beautiful!
















Phone booth, random, I know :-P

















The sights will be separate posts! Enjoy! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Danny will really appreciate the guitar pin. :-D

    ReplyDelete